The Republic Car Company manufactured the
Republic automobile in Hamilton, Ohio between 1909 and 1913. The
founder of the car company was George Adam Rentschler, a
prominent Hamilton industrialist. The Republic factory was
located on the north side of State Route 4 opposite the Butler
The Republic was a sturdy car and had an
attractive racy look for its time. It was designed with an
especially low center of gravity. Most of the cars were painted
grey-blue or green. Originally it was powered by a four cylinder
hand cranked engine with an optional compressed air starter.
Carbide headlights were used on the early models. In 1911 Delco
starters and electric lights were added when a more powerful
six-cylinder Wisconsin engine was adopted.
120" Tires: 36 x 4
Engine: 4 Cyl. 35 HP (standard) Water cooled,
Transmission: 3 speed forward, and reverse.